It’s not too early to start testing Thanksgiving recipes! Yes, I know, it's only early October. But basically my best Thanksgiving recipes are also my best fall recipes, so might as well start now! Plus, if you practice a recipe before the holidays, you'll be more confident for when you'll be serving it to a crowd.
I’ve collected a fabulous array of Thanksgiving recipes over the years, cooking up many hits and misses along the way. Several years ago, I hosted Thanksgiving with a few friends and put together an entire Thanksgiving spread. I continue to add new recipes, but I’m sharing with you the best Thanksgiving recipes in my repertoire.
It’s a lot to make with just one person, so get some friends and family involved! Or just cook up a recipe at a time, because they are all cozy and feel like fall. These are tried-and-true if you are looking for recipes, and luckily, I found all my cookbook favorites online! Please let me know if you have any favorites to share with me. I could still use a mashed potatoes recipe, gravy recipe, some more veggies, and a sweet potato with marshmallows. And maybe a chocolate recipe too, because why not?
1) Roasted Potato and Fennel Soup (Isa Chandra Moskowitz)
2) (Store-bought Miyoko cheeses and crackers, or homemade cheese recipe?)
3) (A drink recipe?)
Doublebatch Chickpea Cutlets (Isa Chandra Moskowitz)
1) Wild Rice Salad with Oranges and Roasted Beets (Isa Chandra Moskowitz)
2) Stuffing (Brit + Co- perfect recipe, but no reason to put in a muffin pan)
3) (Store-bought cranberry sauce, or recipe?)
4) (Mashed Potatoes and gravy- still looking for recipe!)
5) (Sweet potato and marshmallow Casserole- still looking for recipe!)
6) (Brussels sprouts or other healthy veggies- still looking for recipes!)
1) Buttery Biscuits (Chloe Coscarelli)
2) Perfect Cornbread (Julie Hasson)
1) Apple Pie (Chloe Coscarelli)
2) Spiced Applesauce Cake (Chloe Coscarelli)
3) Pumpkin Pie (Chloe Coscarelli)
4) (Something chocolate would be nice!)
5) (A cheesecake?)
These are the best Thanksgiving recipes I’ve collected, please let me know if you try them! And let me know if you have anything great to fill the gaps in the menu here.